Bermuda Commercial Bank Limited
Bermuda Commercial Bank Limited (“BCB”) and the BCB Group of Companies (together the “BCB Group”) are committed to preserving the confidentiality of all personal data you provide to us. In keeping with this and in order to comply with the guidelines published by the Government of Bermuda pursuant to Section 26 of the Electronic Transactions Act 1999, the BCB Group adheres to the following “Privacy Statement”:
The BCB Group will respect the privacy, accuracy and security of personal information belonging to its customers. In particular:
the BCB Group will collect personal data from customers only:
- if it is relevant to the provision of banking and/or other related services ('Services') requested by the customer; or
- as provided in BCB’s Account Terms and Conditions; or
- if required by statute.
the BCB Group will use the customer’s personal data only for:
- the provision of the Services; and
- as provided for in BCB’s Account Terms and Conditions; and
- those purposes the customer has otherwise consented to.
the BCB Group will endeavour to ensure that the personal data:
- are accurate and kept up to date;
- if inaccurate, are rectified; and
- are erased when no longer reasonably required.
the BCB Group will take precautions to:
- ensure the confidentiality of personal data;
- prevent the examination of or tampering with of personal data by third parties.
Disclosure of personal information will only take place:
- with the express or implied consent of the person to whom such personal data relates; or
- as provided for in BCB’s Account Terms and Conditions; or
- as required by law.
The BCB Group will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure it complies with these guidelines.
If you are a customer of a BCB Group company, details of the information we collect and how we use it will also be set out in the terms and conditions of the product or service which you hold. In the event of a conflict between this Privacy Statement and the terms and conditions of your specific product or service, the terms and conditions of your specific product or service will take precedence.
We reserve the right to revise or supplement this Privacy Statement from time to time at our sole discretion and you agree to revisit this page regularly to ensure that you are familiar with the most current version. By continuing to access or use the website you will be agreeing to any such changes.
One example may be when you visit a site that you have been to before, that site may use a cookie to check what information you’ve looked at previously to get an idea of the topics that may be of interest to you. The information stored in a cookie can only be read by the website that placed the cookie or other sites that it has agreed to share information with.
Our policy on cookies
- store details that help you to manage accounts and policies online, such as user login details;
- find out how people use our sites, such as how often they visit, which pages they go to, and which links they click on, so that we can improve our sites; and
- help us to provide relevant information, such as details of products, services and other information that you may be interested in.
- We do not use any cookies to store any personal data or other data that could be used to identify you as an individual.
How to turn off cookies
You can turn off cookies in your browser settings. If you do turn them off, it is important to remember that you may not be able to use all of the services on our websites.